> Hello,
>
> My setup is as follows:
>
> - Bacula 1.38.0
> - One large Pool with 1125 on-Disk Volumes (each 2GB)
> - about 14 Clients
> - Schedule: weekly full, daily incremental
> - Job-Retention: between 1 and 8 weeks, depending on client
> - Volume retention 2 month
>
> My Problem:
> After some time all Volume get status "Full" and jobs stuck with
> the message "Cannot find any appendable volumes". I don't understand
> how this can happen, because:
>
> - "list jobtotals" shows a sum of 1494 GB
> - available volumes: 1125*2GB = 2250 GB
>
> Where are 756 Gb lost ???
> why are no volumes recycled ?

The "list jobtotals" command only counts what is in the catalog so maybe some
job records have been pruned?

I think this query will list how much Bacula thinks is on each volume (tested
on PostgreSQL):

SELECT VolumeName,
       sum(JobFiles) as Files,
       sum(JobBytes) as Bytes
  FROM (SELECT DISTINCT Media.VolumeName, Job.JobId,
                        Job.JobFiles, Job.JobBytes
               FROM Media,JobMedia,Job
               WHERE Media.MediaId=JobMedia.MediaId
               AND JobMedia.JobId=Job.JobId) as JobInfo
  GROUP BY VolumeName;

__Martin