Thanks!

bacula-dir -f gave me a missing pid file.

A little research brought up
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02406.html
this   thread that describes the solution to my problem:
My "--with-pid-dir..." configuration directive pointed to a non-existing
folder.
I created the folder and now I get
bacula-sd (pid 3925) is running...
bacula-fd (pid 3935) is running...
bacula-dir (pid 3945) is running...

Wonderful!

Now let's see what Bacula can do... :computer-user: