> > * the database is in another server (we have a mysql databases dedicated
> > server)
> >

> AFAIK bacula dont like remote mysql servers

Although we have only used this database config for a short time it
worked great. We are now using a remote postgresql database with local
and remote tape drives with around 50 clients with 9GB of info in the
database and around 10TB of data currently on tapes (LTO2 and DLT).
The bacula-sd and the bacula-dir are dual processor 2GHz Opteron 248s
with 4GB of memory and the db server is a Athlon64 3200 with 2GB of
memory. All servers are connected to a gigabit network (several $600
to $1000 24 and 48 port netgear smart gbit switches) with most clients
are gigabit as well.

John