Hi,

I have a set of pools for full daily backups - Monday to Friday. Each
pool has exacly one tape in it, and is intended to be recycled and
used the next weekday. I am using a 6 day volume retention, with
recycle=yes and recycle current volume = yes to try to achieve this,
to no avail.

The volume, for example Friday, shows up before the friday backup run
in append state, at which point the director tries to append a full
backup to it, rather than to purge it and recycle. The tape fills up,
and then the director starts complaining that it cant find any
appendable volumes.

Relevant configs below. Any suggestions on how to recycle in this
manner? Bacula version  2.1.18.

thanks,

Bradley

23-Jun 00:52 foundry-sd: Job NightlySaveFoundry.2007-06-22_23.30.00
waiting. Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      "VXA-2" (/dev/nst0)
    Pool:         Friday
    Media type:   VXA-2

Pool {
  Name = Friday
  Pool Type = Backup
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 6d
  Maximum Volumes = 1
  Recycle = yes
  Recycle Current Volume = yes
  }

| MediaId | VolumeName | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes       |
VolFiles | VolRetention | Recycle | Slot | InChanger | MediaType |
LastWritten         |