On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:12:59 -0600
Ken Gunderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:06:38 +0100
> tomasz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Ken Gunderson wrote:
> > > Hello List:
> > >
> > > I've posted before regarding chio vs mtx-changer and got reply from Arno
> > > but I'd love to hear from some FreeBSD users who are using
> > > authochangers.  So here goes again...
> > >
> > > Are you using chio or mtx-changer, and why?  I've looked at the chio
> > > example scripts and seems that chio-bacula simulates barcodes and
> > > rc-chio-changer handles real  barcodes but that chio-changer ignores
> > > them... The latter makes mention of FBSD-5.2 so that puts it a couple
> > > years old. rc-chio-changer has a cvs id of 2006-02-23 and looks to me
> > > most recent?  Or are all of these abandoned in favor of mtx and
> > > mtx-changer?
> > >
> > i am using freebsd 6.2 with mtx-changer and barcodes and its all fine
> > (the only one problem was with access for bacula to autochenger node in
> > /dev)
> > autochanger is Quantum superloader 3
> >

> Thanks for the reply.  I can configure either mtx-changer or
> rc-chio-changer and both seem to work.  From what I can see chio can
> work with autoloaders with > 1 drive while mtx-changer "works only
> with single drive autochangers".  I've only single drive autochanger
> but being a FreeBSD guy since late 2.x my inclination is to go with the
> chio based stuff.  Googling bacula and chio doesn't turn up much
> though so I wondered if it was actually in use by anyone?

Ugh!  Hate replying to myself but also found this in bacula list
archives back in Feb. 2006:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09273.html>

So here's a question for you Dan - are you still using rc-chio-changer
w/FBSD-6.x or is mtx-changer now preferred?  All other things being
equal it's nice to have one less port to worry about...

And I also note that there is yet another chio script in the port's
files directory wh/is also called chio-bacula wh/is updated version of
chio-bacula from examples directory to support multiple drive indexes?
One might expect the files/chio-bacula would be the preferred chio
script?  Were it not for Dan's comments about rc-chio-changer in link
above...

Ken Gunderson
GPG Key -- 9F5179FD

"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in
the room." - Sir Winston Churchill