Hi,

01.07.2007 00:48,, Steen wrote::
> I once suggested that we could create another supplementary kind of 'vote and
> donation' system, where we could sign in for a donation of a specific sum of
> money for specific implementations, and then if the work is not done -
> nothing is paid. If the necessary sum of money is reached, all donations are
> to be released and paid and the work done.
> My reason to suggest this is that it is evident that there is a need for
> this - many will pay a little to support it and some will and can pay more
> and it all adds up.
> I can not make my boss pay a generel donation to Bacula or OSS, but I could
> make him pay something to get this feature, but only if there were some
> reasonable way to realize that the money would get the feature build.
> Where I stand today it is completely in the dark to me what the costs are and
> how many we are to share it etc..

I'm currently creating a system to manage feature requests and votes,
and I'll consider your ideas.

I would even offer to manage the funding and development, but that
would be a service I'd expect to be paid for (rather minimal, but...).
Others could offer that service, too - I'll be careful to not
monopolize any sort of Bacula support.

Currently, I think that I will present my feature request / voting
system in the next few days, and that it should be usable in a few weeks.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann