that is my question. My mtx-changer script currently contains

mt -f  $device rewoffl

in the "unload" routine. I don't believe that my tapes should be being
rewound, but I'm just not sure. Basically, if the tape is in PoolA and a job
runs that  needs a tape from PoolB, it will rewind the tape from PoolA,
unload it, and load the tape from PoolB. The next job could need the tape
from PoolA, if this tape gets loaded, will it being rewound previously cause
Bacula to overwrite data? Or will Bacula seek the tape to find where to
append to?

Also, when I need to change magazines in my autochanger, should I rewind the
tapes first? The next time the tapes go back into the magazine, they will be
overwritten.

Thanks,
Shon