Dan Langille wrote:
> On 16 Jul 2007 at 16:30, Dan Langille wrote:
>

>>On 16 Jul 2007 at 22:19, Francisco Rodrigo Cortinas Ma wrote:
>>

>>>- In the fact that you need funding, the right way is to ask for
>>>"donations". This will remain valid as long as the project
>>
>>remains
>>
>>>"small".
>>
>>We have asked for donations.  In a prevoius email, Kern mentioned
>>this has been about $8000 since 2000.  That's about $4 a day.  Given
>>the number of users, it's pretty clear that donations don't work.
>

> Please ignore my calculations.  They are not based on fact.  I messed
> up. My apologies.
>
> My point remains: donations are insufficient to fund the project

I was just looking around on the website to figure out how to make a
donation, and it isn't at all obvious to me how to do that. Maybe having
a link on the side bar to donations would help? There is a high
"reluctance factor" to making donations. If people make a 2-3 minute
effort, and it isn't immediately obvious how to give money, or it seems
a pain, then they are likely to just skip it. Not that I think that this
would suddenly make donations high enough to fund the project, but it
certainly couldn't hurt...

~maria