@Brian:

We had the same problem (seems to be a new bug in 2.0.x release. We didnĀ“t have this problem with 1.38). As we have a 24/7 hour business we looked for a time slice with small network usage. This slice was found at
midnight. As the it-center sleeps at this time :-) the bacula director
has to work in any case. We wrote a script that helped us to mount the tape when automount on fails.

######script begin
#!/bin/bash

BCON=/usr/local/bacula/sbin/bcon

bac=$($BCON << EOF
stat dir
EOF
)

isrunning=$(echo $bac | grep -o -i -e 'is waiting for a mount request')

if [ -n "$isrunning" ]
then
$BCON << EOF2
mount
EOF2
mail -s "Bacula remounted" [EMAIL PROTECTED] <<TXT
$(date)
TXT
else
mail -s "Bacula is running without intervention" [EMAIL PROTECTED] <<TXT2
$(date)
TXT2
fi

######script end

bcon is a convenience script that calls bacula console with appropriate the apropriate configurationfile.

Hope that helps.

Chris