Hi,

17.07.2007 09:25,, Christoff van Zyl wrote::
> I really need so advise on what can I use for Maximum Volume Bytes on a
> disk, currently I am using 5g. If a backup a server consist of 180G there
> is a lot of volumes, what size can I use to get the best performance to do
> a restore?
>
> I have tested 15G and still looks good and the restores is fast.

The current versions should not have a practical limit to the volume
file size (the file system and catalog could, though, but these limits
should not matter in real-life setups).

I recommend a volume size that allows you to move the volumes in case
you ever need to. For example, if you want to be able to copy them to
DVD, limit their size to about 4.5 GB. If you want to transfer them
via USB disk, 30 to 50 GB might be reasonable. For network transfers,
a limit of a few GB would be better than 200GB.

The number of volumes is really not a problem, unless you overload
your file system, but a few thousand files in one directory shouldn't
be too much of a problem.

Arno

> Thanks

Arno Lehmann