Hi,

23.07.2007 20:33,, George R.Kasica wrote::
> Hello:
>
> I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I'm missing something in the
> details...
>
> I have a working configuration here with the latest stable release of
> bacula here using 3 tape drives to backup 4 systems. What I need some
> help with is making it a bit more efficient.
>
> Currently it works as follows all 4 jobs have a start time of 01:00:
>
> Drive 1 backs up Server 1. Job is Priority 12 and max jobs equals 4
>
> Drive 2 backs up Server 2. Job is Priority 12 and max jobs equals 4
>
> Drive 3 backs up Server 3. Job is Priority 12 and max jobs equals 4
> Drive 3 backs up Server 4. Job is Priority 13 and max jobs equals 4
>
> This works well and gets the job done with one small hitch. The last
> job for server 4 waits to start until all other jobs complete and the
> one for Server 2 takes FAR longer to run than Server 1 or 3 does.
>
> What I want to have happen is for the 2nd job on Drive 3 to start as
> soon as the first one is finished but not to have it run at the same
> time which is what seems to happen if I set it as Priority 12.
>
> What am I missing here? and what do I need to adjust and where to get
> this to happen? I'm sure its a simple fix I just can't see it.

Sounds like you need to set "Maximum Concurrent Jobs=2" for the
director. Of course, you can use more than two concurrent jobs if your
backup server can handle that... in this case, you'd have to set the
"Maximum Concurrent Jobs" to something more than 1 for the storage
devices, though.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann