> Hi John/All.
>
> Thanks John for your prompt response.
>
> Is there any solution for this case, or should I replace this tape with a
> new one? Since it is not convenient to use the btape command and loosing all
> the data on the tape.

When a tape is in Error status you can not append. To reuse the tape
you must recycle the tape (removing any backup jobs on the tape) if
you want to add data to the tape.

> P.S: I tried to restore a job from the tape, and it was successful. Only
> when trying to append on it where I am facing the problems.

Both are expected results for a tape in this state.

Consult the docs on how to manually recycle a tape:

http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Automatic_Volume_Recycling.html#SECTION002580000000000000000

John