-----Mensagem original-----
De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Em nome de massano jerome
Enviada: segunda-feira, 30 de Julho de 2007 12:47
Para: bacula-devel; bacula-users
Assunto: [Bacula-users] Web configuration tool and autoconfiguration ofclients

Hello

We have made a web tool to allow admins to configure bacula without
having to edit a text file. For now, it is integrated in the
server-manager panel of SME distribution, but we will make it
stand-alone as soon as possible (and as soon as we will be ok with it -
it is still in development).
Now, what we would like to do to make the work of admins even easier is
to make a tool on the client-side of bacula, which would do an automatic
integration of the client. Here is the concept :
The user chooses what directories and files he wants to be backed up,
and what directories and files he does NOT want to be backed up
(definition of the FileSet).
Then, he chooses when he wants the backup to happen (definition of the
schedule).
Then, he asks the server (on which the director is installed) to give
him a password, and to create a restricted console and to send him the
password.
Then, it would use our auto-configuration tool to add himself as a
client with his schedule and fileset to the configuration of bacula, and
to create an appropriate Job.

The details still have to be discussed (how do we know who is the
director : do we provide its address, or do we do a broadcast to
discover the director present on the network ? - How do we ensure
secrecy when we are being provided a password ?).

If you are interested in this project, please contact us.

Jerome MASSANO
ASPerience

                Esta mensagem de correio electrónico e qualquer dos seus
ficheiros anexos, caso existam, são confidenciais e destinados apenas a
                [EMAIL PROTECTED],
                podendo conter informação confidencial, privilegiada, a qual
não devera ser divulgada, copiada, gravada ou distribuida nos termos
                da lei vigente. Se não é o destinatario da mensagem, ou se ela
lhe foi enviada por engano, agradecemos que não faça uso ou divulgação
                da mesma. A distribuição ou utilização da informação nela
contida é VEDADA. Se recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise-nos
                de imediato, por correio electrónico, para o endereço
                [EMAIL PROTECTED],
                e apague este e-mail do seu sistema. Obrigado.

                This message (and any associated files) is intended only for
the use of
                [EMAIL PROTECTED],
                and may contain information that is confidential, subject to
copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended
                recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this
                message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
                [EMAIL PROTECTED],
                and deleting it from your computer. Thanks

                Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net,