Hi,

05.09.2007 17:31,, Xeos Laenor wrote::
> I've noticed a strange behavior with "Maximum Volume Jobs" parameter.
> I've set it to 3 at the volume initialization.
> For the following backup on this volume, i change the parameter to 5
> (because I have 3 new servers to backup)
> after few time i have this error :
>
> 05-sep 15:18 vel-bck-1-sd: papi-mgc-002-backup.2007-09-05_00.01.05
> Error: Re-read of last block OK, but block numbers differ. Last
> block=62775 Current block=62777.

Which version of Bacula?

> and the volume become "Full" (he's not really full but bacula close him)

Could it be that the tape is simply full?

> The only way to pass through this problem is to delete the volume in
> catalog and erase completely the tape (with mt). mt -f /dev/tape weof
> isn't sufficient

Right, Bacula needs to know the tape is full. Furthermore, a single
weof is not sufficient to erase a tape. Typically, you need two EOFs
in sequence.

> why this behavior ?
> I think the Maximum Volume Jobs information is also stored on the tape
> (in the volume himself) so tape needs to be erase for working back

No, this information is not stored on tape, but in the catalog. After
you change the pool definition, you have to manually update the
existing volume if you want this change to affect them. The pool
definition is merely a template for the creation of new volumes.

> have anyone noticed that?

Not me...

Arno

> Thanks