We are a NetWare shop migrating to OES Linux (which is, as of this writing,
built SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.3; soon to be version 10). I now have a
2-node cluster (I know, I know; not my idea) with a pair of NSS volumes to
which our existing 2-node cluster will be migrated. At that point, we will have
no more use for Backup Exec, as it will not back this up. Bacula will, though,
and all of our other servers are backed up on it. As everyone here knows,
Bacula has no native support for NSS filesystems, and so will not back up the
trustee rights for these volumes. There is a tool I have tested that will,
though.

Some months ago a message was posted to this forum to the effect that a Novell
manager initiated a dialog with Kern about working together. Has anything come
of this? Is anyone working on a client daemon that will handle NSS directly? I
strongly suspect that there could be a brisk market ins such a product, since
Novell is pushing all of its existing customers to Linux and many will be
looking for a robust backup solution.
--

Tks n rgds,
Richard White CNE6, Linux+