Has anyone attempted to run the Bacula FD on a Linksys NSLU2 or similar
NAS device? For anyone who doesn't know, the NSLU2 (as shipped from
Linksys) is a ARM (I think) based NAS box with USB2 ports on it for
plugging in external disks. There are a few Linux distributions
available for it, including Debian and OpenWRT.

I ask because one of our clients has a building which is physically
separate from the main building but still connected via high speed
network, which would make an excellent semi-offsite backup, but the
environment is pretty hostile (they are a foundry - lots of metal dust
and sand) so anything with a fan is not such a good idea. Obviously
there are plenty of x86 based box's which would probably meet the
criteria, but the NSLU2 is pretty cheap and if it works it would be
perfect.

Obviously this doesn't replace their current really-offsite backups, but
it would give them easier access to the data if required, and a fire in
the main office would be unlikely to reach this other building.

Thanks

James