On Thursday 06 September 2007 21:41:14 Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 06.09.2007 15:15,, Ferdi Giese wrote::
> > Hi,
> >
> > bacula-2.1.1 is working fine on mysql-database at localhost (SLES10-SP1),
> > but when I want to use the Webmin-Module for administration, it echos
> > "Failed to connect to the Bacula database: ../config.cgi?bacula-backup.
> > Maybe it is not set up, or the module configuration is incorrect."
> >
> > I tried editing the /etc/webmin/bacula-backup/config-file in many ways
> > (e.g. with "host=localhost" or "host=127.0.0.1", with "pass=""), but
> > nothing works. I need Your help.
>
> I guess you should ask that the webmin support. I don't think many
> people here use webmin for their Bacula installations, and as the
> webmin module is not produced by the Bacula product, webmin support is
> the right address anyway...

IMHO it's a *really* shame what OpenCountry did with that bacula plugin. They
asked for testing on that list (or was it devel, can't remember anymore) and
released a first version.
I was one of that testers and really really delighted when I saw that, as it
might provide some usability for the end-users I have.
Anyway, this first version had serious bugs, as it wasn't able to work with
included configfiles, which was a complete nogo for me. I can't remeber the
other problems, but there were minors and majors.
Nevertheless, these bugs and problems were reported to the developers and one
declared, that there will be an updated version with these bugs fixed. Well,
what should I say.. I never saw that version.
It looks like, that the first and only version was put into webmin and IMHO
this is the shame I was talking before: They put an unfinished module into
webmin, which doesn't completely work (there are some requirements, which are
not supplied by all bacula versions- this stuff just doesn't work.
What really makes me angry in some way is the fact, that they release an
unfinished version, which doesn't work for everyone and ppl come here to ask
for support. This should *not* be a hit to ferdis direction, please see that,
but I just needed to clarify that. As I guess that someone should ping
webmin-ppl about that facts, I copied devel-list, as Kern might be interested
in this misbehaviour too.

> Arno

Greetings,

Benni