On 8 Sep 2007 at 2:42, Doytchin Spiridonov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have spent two weeks of testing until we found the root of the
> problem (concurrent jobs) and we were 100% sure it is a bug. However
> after I submitted it as a bug, it was closed as they couldn't
> replicate it, claiming we have a hardware problem (which we proved is
> not the case) and required us to send all of our hadrware (which I
> guess was just a sarcasm or something).

I think you'd agree that replicating the problem is pretty important
to finding the bug.  Having your setup, or at least access to it,
would be pretty vital in that, if we're unable to replicate it here.

> At least we found a working solution (no concurrent jobs, because with
> concurent jobs bacula was useless) hoping they will fix it sometime
> when they receive enough proof that there IS a bug. You can reopen it
> (as I'm not going to do it after I've got several times a response
> "can't replicate, so there are no bugs") at bugs.bacula.org

What do you suggest we do if we are unable to replicate the bug?
What course[s] of action would you suggest?

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/
Available for hire: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php