Hello all,

I just successfully went through a configure, make and make install process
on an Intel Apple Xserve running Mac OS X Server 10.4.10 ... using
PostgreSQL 8.1.9 as a back end for Bacula (I have yet to configure the
database in the PostgreSQL cluster for Bacula but that's next).

All of the binaries and configuration files that should have been made
appear to have been made (as I understand this is dependent on the options
given to configure). In the User's Guide (current version) Section
7.19titled "Other Make Notes" there is a list of file that should be,
more or
less, installed if successful after a make install. One of them is a file
named merely:

fd

The file "fd" did not make on my system but I don't know what "fd" is or
does. Thus, I can not know if "fd" missing from my make install is an error
(should I expect it to be there?) or if it is correctly absent (such as
based on my configuration). I take it that fd has to do with the file daemon
but is there a deeper explanation of what this file is?

I have confirmed the existence of these binary files but nothing else with
"fd" in its name resultant from the Bacula make install:

bacula-fd
> bacula-ctl-fd

Thank you for any further clarifications to the User's Guide.

Cheers.

-H