Hi,

06.09.2007 17:16,, David Michal wrote::

> Hi,
>
> I had to use bextract. I’ve used this syntax:
>
> /usr/sbin/bextract -i include-list -V volume-file client-device
> /home/dmichal/
>
> Everything went fine, but after recovery process I’ve found all the
> files corrupted. Every of the file is now beginning with something like:
>
> “
>
>    [1]   Ô             „   $       @   [1]          [1]
> _ibDèïù(äÔš,[1]  [1] ”     $ ÿ­         _ibDèïù(äÔš, [1]   $ ¿
>         _ibDèïù(äÔš,[1]    ÿ­ [1]          [1]    ÿ­           ©
> [1]         ![1]         i*          “

I.e., they have some garbled trailing data.

Can you determine if, after the stuff you observed, the file contents
is ok?

If that's the case, I suspect that Bacula resores the metadata of
these files, too. That might be because you're restoring windows
backups - which are read using a special MS API which produces a
stream of data containing the matadate as well as the file contents -
to a linux machine.

A quick test and work-around would be to restore to another windows
machine - If my assumption is correct, that would work.

> And all end lines in at least all text files were replaced with hex: 0D 0A.

These are regular DOS/Windows line ending sequences. If you need to,
you can modify this using tools like recode or dos2unix.

> Does anybody know what happened? Why all my files were changed by
> bextract, or may by bacula when stored.

This is most probably a problem in bextract which lacks the code to
remove the metadata from windows backup streams. Doing a restore
through Bacula and, essentially, writing through the FD should work
correctly.

> All files are related to client where windows version 2.0.1 client. On
> server there is 2.0.2 linux version.

Arno

> Thanks for any idea,
>
> David