I am re-sending my message to the list as I didn't finish the subject line
before. Thanks.

Hello,

I have recently setup Bacula and have it working using a DDS-4 drive.  However,
since I am not always on site I want the brain dead users to be able to put in
the next tape without any console access.  They do so by selecting a tape based
on the current day and insert into the drive. The job is configured to auto
eject the tapes.  However after much playing with configuration I cannot get
Bacula to just go ahead and use whatever tape is mounted.  For example I get
the following messages:

10-Sep 23:01 crestsrv1-sd: Please mount Volume "Set1-Monday" on Storage Device
"DDS-4" (/dev/nst0) for Job crestsrv1.2007-09-10_23.00.00

How can I make Bacula ignore the volume status and just go ahead and overwrite
the current tape in the drive with the next backup?

Thanks.
Rick

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy! Try it!