On 9/13/07, Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 10.09.2007 23:57,, Hydro Meteor wrote::
> > Hello again Arno,
> >
> > Today I just pulled down Kern's update to Bacula (version 2.2.3) and I
> > installed it effortlessly on my Xserve. I am running all three Bacula
> > daemons on the same Xserve machine. I edited the bconsole.conf file (to
> > change its "address" field by changing its value to the static IP
> > address of my Xserve). I did the same for all of the Address fields in
> > the Bacula Director configuration file (bacula-dir.conf).
> >
> > Even so, when I ran bconsole for the first time, I received this
> message:
> >
> >     10-Sep 21:24 apple-xserve-dir: - Console-.2007-09-10_21.24.24 Error:
> >     bsock.c:182 gethostbyname() for host "apple-xserve" failed:
> >     ERR=Authoritative answer for host not found.
>
> This *might* have been an old message still spooled - look at the time
> stamp. It is possible that this was from before your configuration change.

Thank you Arno, I believe you are correct. This message has since not
duplicated so it was probably an old message spooled.

> > Where "apple-xserve" is the host name of my machine. But none of my
> > Address fields in the config files have the value of "apple-xserve" any
> > more. I wonder what file the console is reading which causes it to
> > continue to attempt to use gethostbyname() with the name "apple-xserve"
> > instead of my server's IP address?
> >
> > How would I discover this, any ideas?
>
> Does it happen again, or was this a one-time problem?

Appears to be a  one-time problem.

As long as you use IP addresses only in the configuration files, I
> don't see where name resolving can fail...

Thank you very much ... its a joy and a challenge to learn about Bacula!

Cheers,

-H