Arno Lehmann wrote:
>  From this error message, I assume the SD has already crashed here.
> >   Scheduled time:         03-set-2007 23:55:00
> >   Start time:             08-set-2007 23:55:33
> >   End time:               14-set-2007 20:42:56
> >   Elapsed time:           5 days 20 hours 47 mins 23 secs
>
> ... after waiting for a very long time.
Who has waited? SD before death or DIR after SD had already dead? Could this
be caused by some operator not changing the DVD media when requested to? Why
it started on sept. 8 when scheduled for sept. 3?

> Did you get a traceback mailed, or is there a core file for analysis?
Well, I'm not the backup operator at that site, but I can reasonably assume
that Bacula mailed the whole bunch of messages from sept. 3 to sept 14 in a
single mail to the operator last friday (sept. 14). Where should I look for
the core file?

> Otherwise, you could run the SD with trace output enabled and see if
> that tells you something.
Is there a way to setdebug 200 in the bacula-sd.conf or otherwise enable trace
output?

> > I've googled for the first error, but it seems no one in the world has
> > ever seen such an error string...
>
> Which *does* tell us a bit about how stable the daemons ususally run...
Eheh :) congrat for the great piece of software!

Lucio.

--
Virtual Bit di Lucio Crusca
via Isonzo, 5