Once the file-volume has been purged/pruned/recycled, the next job that
uses it theoretically opens it for write/overwrite at 0-byte descriptor.

Its just a PITA waiting for that -- of course if it was a real tape, it
would have to "mt erase" the volume, but for virtual tape files, a
feature to zero the file at purge/expire would be nice.  ~BAS

~BAS