Hi,

04.10.2007 18:21,, Janco van der Merwe wrote::
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me if Bacula can interpret return values from scripts
> that are run on client,

Yes. It can and it does.

> i.e. say if I have a script that stops a Oracle
> DB on a Linux Client and if for some reason the script returns an exit
> value of 1 that Bacula will either insert the error in the notification
> so that the backup operator knows that the "stopdb" script wasn't
> successful or that Bacula passes that backup?

You can set that up according to your needs. The "Run Script"
directive in the job resource is where you do this. The documentation
explains it in great detail.

Not that this way of configuring things is implemented in Bacula 1.38
(I believe) and upwards.

Arno

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann