Dear list,

I have a speed question about my DLT tape drive. First some tech:

The controller:
                product: AIC-7892A U160/m
                vendor: Adaptec
                physical id: 9
                bus info: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:09.0
                logical name: scsi0
                version: 02
                width: 64 bits
                clock: 66MHz
                capabilities: scsi bus_master cap_list scsi-host
                configuration: driver=aic7xxx latency=64 maxlatency=25 mingnt=40
                resources: iomemory:ff6fe000-ff6fefff irq:177

The Tape Drive:
                Vendor: COMPAQ    Model: DLT4000           Rev: D887
                Type:   Sequential-Access                  ANSI SCSI revision:
02
                target0:0:6: Beginning Domain Validation
                target0:0:6: FAST-10 SCSI 10.0 MB/s ST (100 ns, offset 15)
                target0:0:6: Domain Validation skipping write tests
                target0:0:6: Ending Domain Validation

But the general speed with which Bacula saves to disk is: Bytes/sec=2,091,958.
I could be daft here, but that's about 1.9950MB per second. While the drive is
supposed to be able to write with 10MB's per second.(?)

The data being backed up is on a software raid1, and reading is currently
around 60, which should be plenty for the Tape drive.

The Storage Data section:
Device {
  Name = DLT-IV
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Media Type = Tape
  LabelMedia = yes
  Random Access = no
  AutomaticMount = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  Offline On Unmount = yes
  Maximum Open Wait = 172800
  Volume Poll Interval = 60
  Close on Poll= Yes
  AlwaysOpen = yes

What am I doing wrong? What other config settings are there?

Thanks,
Mark