On 10 Oct 2007 at 17:02, Rich wrote:

> i stumbled upon the requirement for threadsafe mysql client library.
> the only way i found out what's wrong was by searching list archives
> :)
>
> it would be nice if requirements page at
> http://www.bacula.org/dev-manual/System_Requirements.html (and
> probably also for stable version) would explicitly state this.

I agree. It should be documented.  If you supply the text you'd like
to see, and the location you want it in, I'll commit it.  (i.e. you
send the patch, I'll do the commit)

> even better would be if configure would not succeed with
> non-threadsafe client lib and spit out a meaningful message, hinting
> at threadsafe requirement (currently configure succeeds, but make
> fails in a quite cryptic way) --

That's nice too, but a bit beyond what I can do just now.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/
Available for hire: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php