Hi,

17.10.2007 14:10,, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote::
>>> Anyone using a Qualstar unit with Bacula?
>> Not personally, but I know of installations using Qualstar devices.
>
>> Just follow the normal setup procedure as outlined in the manual.
>> After you ran all the recommended tests, the settings should be ok.
>
> Have been, got the daemons compiled and running, etc. It's just not yet clear
> to me how I configure the drive. I seem to be reading different things when I
> search so thought I would ask if someone could send me their config which I
> could learn and fine tune from.

If you successfully ran the btape test, the autochanger and tape will
be configured correctly.

If you haven't passed these tests, you best start with the default
linux configuration. In most cases, you don't need to set many options
  - the device name and autochanger control device, naturally, and
then some details about your tape drive.

Recent tape hardware under linux usually works with hardware eof
detection and can do file positioning, so you won't need to disable
these. You won't have to change the block sizes, and the sample
settings like Automatic Mount should be good.

Just use a Media Type that you like.

>> The OS you're using is quite important...
>
> At this stage, CentOS-50. Nothing special on the machine, dedicated to this
> software.

So you'll need to use /dev/nstX as the Archive device, and /dev/sgX as
the changer device.

Arno

> Mike

Arno Lehmann