From: Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:01:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] need help defining client files for backup...

Hi,

23.10.2007 23:57,, David Gardner wrote::
> Hey gang,
>
> I've read through all the docs I can find on the subject but just
>  cannot decipher the correct method of describing in a fileset which
>  directories on which client machine should be backed up.
>
> Here's the Linux Server:/directories I want backed up where the
>  connections have all been made and I successfully backed up the
 local files:

> {localhost:}/home/*
> RptEngine1:/usr/local/reports/A*.pdf
> DB2:/var/lib/mysql/*
> WEB1:/web/sites/*
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

You define the necessary clients first.

Then you create the filesets you need - there will be at least four of
them.

/home/, /var/lib/mysql/, and /web/sites/ are easy.

/usr/local/reports/A*.pdf will need wildcards or regexes in an options
clause.

Nte that backing up the mysql database files while the database server
is running is useless - you need to shut down the database server, or
dump the databases you're interested in to a file and back up that (or
these) files.

Hope that gets you started,

Arno

> David Gardner
> email: djgardner(at)yahoo.com
> Yahoo! IM: djgardner
> AIM: dgardner09
> "Everything is a learning experience, even a mistake."

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
www.its-lehmann.de