El mar, 23-10-2007 a las 20:35 +0200, Arno Lehmann escribió:
> Hello,
>

> > I'm a completely python ignorant, and before spend time trying to
> > understand how to translate this behavior to python way of life, I
> > prefer ear from you.
>
> You won't get my ear :-)

Ahem... ok, may be I prefer listen :P

The abstract idea is to define the rman variables informed in the client
definitions and using the same job definition for standard backup
procedures

> The rest of your approach seems reasonable and should be easily
> implemented. I found python was easy to learn and use, so for me it
> was definitely worth the effort.
>
> Of course, using bash or whatever shell you prefer can be done, too. I
> think it's more or less a question of what you prefer.
>
> If you start working on it, and expect to spend some time on this
> anyway, I'd suggest to pipe the rman output to Bacula directly,
> without the need of a dump file in between. That saves you a bit of
> disk space on the client.

That's very interesting, I will investigate how rman works with fifos,
but afaik, fifo has a maximum throughput of 8K/s, it's correct?

> The necessary parts are all available - you can backup from and
> restore to a FIFO in Bacula, and you can call scripts to set up the
> pipes and reader/writer processes. There are examples available, I'd
> start reading at wiki.bacula.org if I were you.

I will take a look to see if fifo approach fits well in bacula/rman
integration.

> Of course, whatever you come up with might be worth adding to the
> wiki, too.
>
> Arno

Thanks again

D.