Flak Magnet wrote:
h is weird because I told it right where it was with:

> --with-qwt=/usr/local/qwt-5.0.2/lib

You need '--with-qwt=/usr/local/qwt-5.0.2'

if you look at the autoconf checks it looks for include/qwt.h, not lib -
by passing it /usr/local/qwt-5.0.2/lib it's trying to find
/usr/local/qwt-5.0.2/lib/include/qwt.h, which clearly isn't going to work.

> That is the compiled from source location as both the Ubuntu packages for qwt
> and the bacula depkgs qwt installation gave me errors to the effect
> of "blahblah.h symbol not found" during the compile.  Even if the initial
> configure worked.

Would need to see the full error to help.