Hello all,

This question probably has an obvious answer that I'm missing, but with
regard to DVD backups, the Device Resource in the Storage Daemon
Configuration has an optional Directive named "MaximumPartSize". From the
Bacula Usesr's Guide, I think I understand that setting a value for this
Directive (e.g., 800 MB) is a way of controlling how many bytes (from the
Client backup target) ends up in the Bacula spool directory at one time
(before the bytes get copied to the DVD optical disc). Is this a correct
assessment that MaximumPartSize in essence acts as a sort of flow control
from backup target on the client to the spool to the DVD disc that requires
mounting?

Thanks,

-H