On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:

> Shortly, the sourceforge server contacts my server with a callback
> attempting to validate a null sender going back to my email address. If
> either the null sender or my email address fail, then sourceforge will
> fail my message.

<rant>

This is one of the reasons callbacks are evil (apart from the extra
network loading). They just don't scale.

There are a bunch of supposed "antispam" measures which are bigger
problems than that which they purport to solve. C/R and callbacks fall
into this camp - especially if someone really is the victim of envelope
forgery attacks (Callbacks and C/R have been known to effectively cause
DDoS on smaller mailservers)

</rant>