Shon Stephens wrote:
> I remember reading somewhere that its possible to configure a Job so
> that the files and attributes are not added to the Catalog DB.
> However, I can't find this documentation now.

I'm not sure.

> Basically, I have a client with millions of files, and don't want all
> that going into the database. My understanding is that if a backup is

Why? This should only take a few hundred megabytes of catalog space at
most.

> done without saving this information to the Catalog, that it can only
> be restored in a very specific way, and I won't be able to extract
> files by name.

You won't be able to restore files using 'restore' in bconsole because
bacula doesn't know what files. you will have to use bls and bextract
instead.

Basically, I would advise against what you are trying to do, unless you
want to spend hours and hours every time you want to restore a file.