Hello,

09.11.2007 18:04,, Doug Sampson wrote::
>> The file system on this FreeBSD machine is UFS2. Default file
>> system as with
>> all FreeBSD machines. So it isn't the ZFS file system, what
>> is causing these
>> errors?
>>

> I haven't heard anything on this issue thus far. Anybody?

Obviously not :-(

You might ask the question again, starting a new thread with a subject
including FreeBSD - that should get you the attention of the other
FreeBSD users on the list.

>>> "delcandidates"
>>> "delinx1" does
>>> "delinx1" does
>>> "delcandidates"
>>> "delinx1" does
>>> "delinx1" does

>>> being restored?
>>>
>>> The catalog thing is a different problem. Which version of
>> Bacula do
>>> you run, and which PostgreSQL version? You should check the version
>>> requirements, or perhaps verify that your catalog holds all
>>> the tables
>>> and indexes needed. Just compare what the script to create
>> the tables
>>> does, and what you actually have in your catalog.
>>>
>> Bacula 2.2.5 and PGSQL 7.4.18. I am seeing the same errors on another
>> FreeBSD 6.2 machine with Bacula 2.2.5 and PGSQL 8.0.14

I'm not sure which version of PostgreSQL is required for the batch
inserts. I coldn't find that in the ReleaseNotes, but there was a
discussion on the mailing lists. You should probably search the list
archives.

>> installed. Oh, and
>> both machines are legacy machines- both used to run 5.x
>> version of FreeBSD
>> with older version of Bacula (version 1.3x.x) prior to being
>> upgraded where
>> they are now (through upgrades-- not fresh installs). I've
>> gone through each
>> iterations of the Bacula software (1.36, 1.38, 2.0 and now
>> 2.2 with the same
>> database on each of these two machines. I was really sure
>> that the data came
>> through ok so far but...

IIRC, there is an option to disable batch inserts, which might or
might not help you... unfortunately, I can't find it now :-)

>> Um, I will need to review the script.
>>

> I poked around on various scripts at /usr/local/share/bacula and cannot find
> any scripts having anything to do with the table "delcandidates" and index
> "delinx1". Can someone point me toward the correct script?

At least some of these tables are created by Bacula and they are only
used as temporary storage.

I think this was in Bacula for quite a while now, so I suspect you
might have a permissions issue with your database - otherwise, I don't
know why Bacula can't create tables while it's running.

> BTW, I've upgraded to PGSQL 8.2.5.

Did that help, or was this before your verified the problem remains?

Arno

> ~Doug

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann