From: John Drescher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: David Gardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:45:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] BU 2 tape does not see newly labeled tape

> I'm going to rephrase my question about my difficulty backing up to
 tape.

> Given the following volume listing from bconsole and my
 bacula-dir.conf
> file, will the backup to tape occur when required or will Bacula
 (v.2.2.5)
> again ask for appendable media in the WeeklyPool?

Did you unmount the last tape using the unmount or umount command
instead of the release command?

Basically if you use the unmount command it unmounts the tape and
removes it from bacula's access so that you can use the tape drive
with a different utility. As a result of that when you put a new tape
in bacula will not automatically load the tape until the user issues a
mount command in bacula.

With the release command the tape is ejected but bacula retains full
control of the drive so that after inserting a new tape bacula will
automatically mount it if you have automount configured in your conf
files.

If this is not you issue please tell me and I will try to look at your
conf files.

John