You need to have a different pool to do your backup in.   The Scratch
pool is a special pool that the other pools go to when they are out of
media.

I have 3 pools a Scratch, Weekly and Daily pool.  All new tapes are put
into the Scratch pool then backups are done in the Weekly and Daily
pool.  As tapes are needed they are pulled from the Scratch pool.

I hope that helps.
                        -Jason

Jason A. Kates ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Fax:    208-975-1514