> good day all, i was doing some moving of cartridges and magazines in my
> T50, following
> this from the manual:
>
> f your autochanger has barcodes (machine readable tape labels), the task
> of informing Bacula is simple. Every time, you change a magazine, or add
> or remove a cartridge from the magazine, simply do
>
> unmount
> (remove magazine)
> (insert new magazine)
> update slots
> mount
>
> however, when i run update slots i get this:
>
> *update slots
> The defined Storage resources are:
>      1: LTO4
>      2: File
> Select Storage resource (1-2): 1
> Connecting to Storage daemon LTO4 at molbio:9103 ...
> 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
> Device "LTO4" has 0 slots.
> No slots in changer to scan.

I also have a Spectra Logic T50... What does your bacula-sd.conf look like?

> i'm running update slots scan now and it is working thru all
> the tapes. is this part of the manual incorrect or am i just
> missing some bit?

I thought above you said you got the message "No slots in changer to
scan." when attempting an 'update slots' in bconsole? Or do you mean it
says that message and continues the command? What happens when you do a
'mtx -f /dev/sgX status' where X is the number of the robotic/library SCSI
device?

--Marc