On Jan 3, 2008, at 05:19, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

Hello,

I have a short question. I only wonder if someone is using it or not
(so, if Bacula supports it or doesn't support). We made some tests and
we couldn't do but we will re-test.

Question is: is it possible to cypher the data in bacula-fd (client), and
this bacula-fd has only access to his public key? NOT the private key?

My wish is this process:
-Generate public+private key in a secure computer
-Copy the public key to bacula-fd computer
-Copy the private key to some other place

The file daemon configuration code currently requires that at least one private key be present -- changing this would be a relatively small patch. The crypto implementation shouldn't make (m)any assumptions about key availability, so I believe the config change should be sufficient.

If you've any interest in tackling this, I can provide some pointers, otherwise I can try to get around to it sometime next week.

-landonf