Jason A. Kates wrote:
> I wouldn't say that this is a bug.  The shrink wrapped backup softare
> that you will pay 10's of K for work in the same way.   If it's that
> much of an issue just do fulls for that file system.
>                       -Jason

Actually, some do and some don't. You have to check the documentation
for each one to be sure.

For example, in the commercial realm, EMC Retrospect will properly
restore incremental backups with deleted files removed. In the open
source realm, Amanda will also properly handle deleted files in
incremental backups.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator