Hi List

When a tape is missed for one of our weekday sets the next evening the
previous days, missed, tape is still requested even though the job
should have expired. I have used Volume Use Duration = 22h see below.

Here is an extract of my bacula-dir.conf

Director { # define myself
  Name = backup-dir
  DIRport = 9101 # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/bacula/working"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Password = "" # Console password
  Messages = Daemon
}

Job {
  Name            = "webserver"
  Type            = Backup
  Level           = Full  # default
  Client          = webserver
  FileSet         = "webserver"
  Storage         = LTO-2 # Set here instead of pool defs
  Pool            = Default
  RunBeforeJob    = "/etc/bacula/scripts/runbefore.sh"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/webserver.bsr"
  Schedule        = "WeeklyCycle"
  Messages        = Standard
  Priority        = 7
  Max Start Delay = 22h # Time to cancel job after scheduled start time
  Max Run Time = 1h 30m # Max lenght of time for a job to run
}

FileSet {
  Name = "webserver"
  Include {
  Options { signature = MD5 }
  File = /var/www
  File = /var/lib/mysql
  }
  Exclude {
    File = /var/www/test
  }
}

Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycle"
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Monday Monday at 23:05
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Tuesday Tuesday at 23:05
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Wednesday Wednesday at 23:05
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Thursday Thursday at 23:05
  #Run = Level=Full Pool=Thursday Thursday at 18:28
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Weekend Friday at 23:05
}

Client {
  Name = webserver
  Address = webserver.omii.ac.uk
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "" # password for FileDaemon
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Storage {
  Name = LTO-2
# Do not use "localhost" here
  Address =  backup.host.ac.uk # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = ""
  Device = LTO-2
  Media Type = LTO-2
}

Pool {
  Name = Monday
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Use Duration = 22h           # Max time to use volume from 1st
write before 'used'
  Volume Retention = 5 days           #
}
--------------------------------------------end

Tested end of last week, missed Thursday's tape, did not restart bacula
daemons
then loaded next days tape, bacula could not write to tape and provided
this error
message:

Device status:
Device "FileStorage" (/tmp) is not open.
Device "LTO-2" (/dev/nst0) is not open.
Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "Thursday1",
Pool: Thursday
Media type: LTO-2
====

In Use Volume status: