Hi all,

I know that this is not an issue directly related to bacula, but I'm hoping
that some bacula user has already cracked it.

I'm running bacula version 1.38.11 on a dedicated backup host.  I have an
appliance NAS box that has a number of CIFS shares and NFS exports.  Since
the NAS box cannot run bacula, I mount each of the shares on the backup host,
perform the backup from the mounted directories to the host, then unmount the
shares.

This works fine for the CIFS, but I have just started to work with the NFS
mounts and I'm running into permission problems.  I can mount, but the user
that owns the files is an undefined user on the backup host.  Here is how I
have it mounted on the host (from "mount"):

alexandria:/raid0/data/paul_home on /mounts/for_backup/paul_home type nfs
(ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,addr=10.0.0.100)

Here is the crux of the problem:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/mounts/for_backup# ls -ld /mounts/for_backup/paul_home
drwxrwx--x 93 1002 1002 8192 2008-02-15 08:31 /mounts/for_backup/paul_home

The user that owns the directory is 1002, which is not defined on the backup
host.

Has anyone else solved this problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Paul