I'm running full backups at certain intervals, and incremental ones
meanwhile, all these to pools dedicated for "everyday backups".

Then, occasionally, I also run full backups that are stored into different
pool, and the tapes are taken off-site to be used in real emergency only.
These "emergency backups" are run using the same job and fileset definitions
as the full "everyday backups", since they both basically are ment to
contain everything from certain computers.

So, the problem:
Now, the incremental backups after the "emergency backup" will be against
the "emergency backup", not the last "everyday backup" like I'd like to. If
a need for a restore arises, this will cause problems since the "emergency
backup" is more difficult to access due to its distant off-site location.

I wouldn't care to write double job definitions or filesets to workaround
this. But is there currently any other way to run an "extra" full backup
that wouldn't be noticed when running the following differential /
incremental backups? Due to some practical reasons these emegency backups
are also difficult to shedule for the night before the next regular full
backup.

If there isn't a decent way to do this, my fuzzy idea:
Could anyone else but me see any real need for a option that would exclude
certain full backups not to be used as a reference for future incremental /
differential backups?

A couple of examples how to implement this:

- in job definition: NoIncrementalReferencePools = .....
If the job were stored (due to schedule or manual override) into pools given
in this list, they will be neglected as a future reference for incremental /
differential jobs

- at (manual) run time: NoIncrementalReference = yes
If this bit is set, this job instance will never be used as a reference for
future incremental /differential jobs.

Regards,
Timo