I just noticed this oddity.  Perhaps it's how I've got bacula
configured, but it otherwise seems to work properly.  I've got an
autochanger with 72 slots and two tape drives.  I just added some new
tapes in and did the following...

*update slots
Automatically selected Storage: Dell-PV136T
Enter autochanger drive[0]: 0
Connecting to Storage daemon Dell-PV136T at gyrus:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "Dell-PV136T" has 0 slots.
No slots in changer to scan.
*update slots
Automatically selected Storage: Dell-PV136T
Enter autochanger drive[0]: 1
Connecting to Storage daemon Dell-PV136T at gyrus:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "Dell-PV136T" has 72 slots.
Connecting to Storage daemon Dell-PV136T at gyrus:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
Catalog record for Volume "LTO200L2" updated to reference slot 1.
Catalog record for Volume "LTO208L2" updated to reference slot 2.
Catalog record for Volume "LTO201L2" updated to reference slot 3.
... [rest of volume listing removed for brevity]
Volume "LTO243L2" not found in catalog. Slot=53 InChanger set to zero.

So I'm wondering if it's an odd config I've got (or should have) or
whatnot when the following happen...

1) bacula asks the user for a drive when you issue the update slots command.
2) bacula needs an empty drive to query the changer for tape volumes
(even though since I'm using barcodes it gets that info without using
the drive).
3) the bconsole command "list volumes" doesn't show this new volume even
after it throws up a message noting that it's not in the catalog.
4) Is there an auto label command or config setting so I can just have
it auto detect new barcoded volumes and then label them and put them in
the catalog?