"Bob Cregan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> kirjoitti viestissä
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi,
>       I am running the following
>
> Director, Storage deamon 2.2.6. The library is an Overland Arcvault 24
> (LTO3)
> Most clients (about 30 ~ 8TB in total)  are 2.2.4
>
> Backup are running through fine, but occasionally a volume is marked
> with status Error when it is nowhere near full. The backups using the
> volume at the time give no errors. Restores from the backups using the
> volume are also OK.
>
> I am losing a lot of tape capacity from this however sometime the tape
> is marked as Error  when only  a  few Gig has been used.

I don't know your environment, so I don't know if this guess is totally
nonsense. But I recently had a situation that Bacula with a VXA-2 drive
started marking tapes either "full" or "error" very early -a lot below
drive's specified uncompressed capacity.

The drive in question was internal one. This started after I had upgraded
the cpu to a one that produced a bit more heat, thus increasing the
temperature inside the computer. Finally, I had it debugged (thru scsi
interface) to see that tape path temperature inside the drive right after
error had rosen over drive's specified maximum during a longer write
session, which caused the drive to stop to protect tape from overheating.

As said, this don't have to have anything to do with your problem, but I'd
recommend you to try if you can write an uninterrupted tapefull of data with
other tools (like tar).

--
TiN