'A newbie here... please be kind&gentle.

I had differential backup scheduled to run.  When it came time, it was
upgraded to full, citing "Prior failed job found..."  But in fact, i had
a clean full backup (launched manually from the console) that finished
just a couple of days before.  And if i try to manually 'run' a
differential now , the same thing occurs... it's upgraded to full with
the same citation.  Now i did 'cancel' a full backup that was scheduled
the day before (wasn't needed since i just did one the day before that).
And nearly a week before, a full bombed for very uncertain reason(s).
This should summarize things:
------------
# bconsole
* status client=myclient
Terminated Jobs:
 JobId  Level     Files           Bytes  Status  Finished        Name
  1719  Full    869,657 590,578,994,676  Error   25-Feb-08 17:22 myJob
  1756  Full  1,447,954 925,573,612,796  OK      26-Feb-08 14:07 myJob
  1775  Full          0              0   Cancel  27-Feb-08 08:55 myJob
------------

'Seems to me that it should ignore the 'Cancel'd job on the 27th and
just find the 'OK'd job on the 26th.  It certainly doesn't need to
concern itself with anything prior like the 'Error'd job of the 25th.
What's going on?  Do i need to somehow cleanse the catalog or ... ?  Any
other details i need to supply here for the clueful?

It's Bacula 1-38.11-8 on Debian Etch.  Or more accurately, a mix of Etch
and Sarge (a few clients) with the same version of Bacula built for
Sarge.  I've inherited the system from a prior SA and am still trying to
make sense of it all.  Hadn't ever used bacula until now, tho i'd been
exploring it.  'Feel like i want to upgrade to the contemporary version
(2.2.8), but am also somewhat new to Debian and quite leary of hosing
things up in trying to navigate upgrades with backports & such.  Gotta
do it eventually of course, but would like to get a better grip on
things in the near-term.

Ideas?  Workarounds?

Thank you much for any help you can offer.

Karl
*----->