Arno Lehmann wrote:

Hi,

28.02.2008 12:49, Damian Brasher wrote:

> > Hi List
> >
> > I have had some fairly regular job failures that I have pinpointed to be
> > caused by tape status type error mismatches. The most common is that the
> > tape status does not match that of the catalogue in a number of ways.

Thanks for your response which has helped clarify things,

>If you see this regularly, and with a file count of 0, chances are that
>>either your tapes are damaged, your tape drive's firmware or the
driver >is broken, or you've got a serious bug in your Bacula environment.

>You need to fix the underlying problem.
>The first step to do so is to run the btape tests and tweak the configuration
>until they all run without >failure.

I have seen occasional errors - I have decided to replace my SCSI card
and cable. All the evidence I have collected suggests that there is a
SCSI hardware fault.

Regards

DB

--