Hi everyone,

I have been running nightly backups using a single pool of 19 volumes. The
schedule is for
Schedule {
Name = "WeeklyCycle"
Run = Full 1st sat at 23:05
Run = Differential 2nd-5th sat at 23:05
Run = Incremental mon-fri at 23:05
}

What i want to do is take tapes offsite once a month and what I did was to
create a new pool
Pool {
Name = Offsite_Backup
Pool Type = Backup
Recycle = yes # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
Volume Retention = 30 days # one year
Accept Any Volume = yes # write on any volume in the pool
Cleaning Prefix = LTC
}

then added 2 tapes to it and ran the jobs associated with each client
Job {
Name = "ie-serv-2_backup"
Type = Backup
Level = Incremental
Client = ie-serv-2-fd
FileSet = "ie-serv-2 Full Set"
Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
Storage = PV128T
Messages = Standard
Pool = Servers_Nightly
Priority = 10
Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/ie-serv-2.bsr"
}

modifying the Type to Full

This seemed fine and the usual scheduled backup ran as expected

So I removed the tapes for offsite, put the other 2 back in and restarted
bacula.

Tested a backup and it keeps asking for the two offsite tapes which is alright
now as I have them on my desk but how should I be doing this?

was thinking define another job for offsite with new bootstrap but then what
about the catalog I only have one, can I create another?

All comments welcome.

regard,
John