Running the director under windows with sqlite as the catalog, the
backup job takes hours and hours to run, and the speed is measured in
hundres of kb/second.

I turned on attribute spooling and the speed jumped to about 4mb/second,
and considering that gzip is being used that's pretty acceptable. The
backup finished pretty quick and started spooling the attributes about
16 hours ago, and it's still going.

>From the looks of perfmon, the pagefile is getting hammered which
probably explains the problem.

Am I likely to get any better outcomes from using mysql? I'm going to
try it anyway but I'm interested to hear if others have had any
success...

Thanks

James