On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Watson, Joe <isjoe...@oklahomacounty.org>wrote:

> let me know if you get it working i would like to see how. i have been
> working on mine for sometime trying to get it working. i hope i was of any
> help

First... I'm a little embarrassed to say, that I hadn't run lsscsi -g, but
after installing it and running it I noticed that my new LTO4 drive had
taken over the /dev/nst1 slot and the second LTO3 drive was at /dev/nst2.
However, in doing this poking around I noticed that mtx -f /dev/sg1 status
listed only 2 Drives, not the three that I had.  So, without making changes
to my bacula-sd.conf from above other than to update the devices for my LTO4
drive and second LTO3 drive, I did a firmware update on the tape library and
the drive itself... rebooted the server and mtx then showed the three drives
that I had.  Not sure why it required a firmware update on the library, as
it was already telling me it had three drives... After mtx saw all three
drives however, I was able to successfully label all the new LTO4 tapes in
the library and make them part of the proper pool... and my first backup
went fine.

-Mitch